Our weekly list of New York City’s hottest weekend events. You’ll never have to worry about #fomo again.
- Do you dream of getting behind the wheel of the Millennium Falcon? Have you ever wanted to befriend an Ewok? Do you feel more comfortable handling a lightsaber than a pen? Then we’ve got great news for you: Star Wars actor John Boyega is hosting a free event at the Apple store in Soho! Drop in to hear about Boyega’s time on set, get behind the scenes gossip, and learn just how amazing it was to be involved in what many consider to be the greatest franchise of all time.
- WHEN: December 18, 7:00 p.m.
- WHERE: 103 Prince Street, New York, NY 10012
- FREE?: Yes!
- On Friday night, take a journey back to a simpler time when corduroy flairs were still in style, American Idol was the new ‘it’ show, and boy bands were still expected to dance at their concerts. Join Liz Arcury and her band of comedians at Q.E.D. Astoria as they perform a live reading of Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson’s 2004 Christmas Special. This nostalgia-fueled event is only $5, so make sure to get there early to claim your seats!
- If you, like most other warm-blooded humans, texted a few exes after Adele’s new album release then proceeded to drown your feelings in some cheap wine, we have just the event for you. New York’s famous improv group, the Upright Citizens Brigade, are performing a show appropriately dubbed “What I Did For Love,” in which they ask the audience for embarrassing examples of dating catastrophes and use the details in comedy sketches. So put away the wine, change out of your sweatpants, and make your way over to the East Village for a hilarious night of fun.
- WHEN: December 19, 10 p.m.
- WHERE: 153 East 3rd Street, New York, NY 10009
- FREE?: No, $10.
- Finish up your Christmas shopping and get everything on your wish list at Target’s Wonderland in Chelsea. Walk through 10 holiday spectacles for visitors of all ages, video chat with Santa, and tour a life-sized version of Elsa’s ice palace! This is the perfect place to indulge in the Christmas spirit while also checking a few things off your shopping list.
- WHEN: December 18 – 20, 10 a.m.
- WHERE: 70 10th Street, New York, NY 10011
- FREE?: Yep.
- Stop by the Greenwich House Music School in the West Village to enjoy some seasonal music performed by the ensemble, Tapestry. Featuring works by Brahms, Mozart, Ives and Debussy, Tapestry delivers an unforgettable performance just in time for Christmas.
- WHEN: December 19, 8:00 p.m.
- WHERE: 46 Barrow Street, New York, NY 10014
- FREE?: Check their website for prices.
This article was written by Hanna Gibeau.This entry was posted in New York City